THE HAPPY VALLEYS OF THE HIGH ATLAS
TREK Program in the HIGH ATLAS MOUNTAINS
3 days/2 nights Full board Basis
1650 dh per person
- 10 hours trek in 2 days;
- From 1700m to 2300 m altitude;
- Meet with local Berber families;
- Visit of different villages in the high Atlas;
- Private transfer from Marrakech to Imlil;
- A professional english speaking trek guide. Native of Imlil.
- A full board program;
- Home stay in the Atlas Mountains for one night;
Day 1: Marrakech - Imlil - Armed (1 hour trek, 2300 m)
Transfer from Marrakech train station to the village of Imlil (1740m). We start the trek with our guide (possibility to use mule to go to the village of Armed) rising to 2040m. Dinner and overnight in Roches d’Armed the home of Hussein. Your host.
Day 2: Armed Roches-Tinoughrine: (5 hours walking 2300 m)
After breakfast in Hussein’s house, we start walking with the guide and the team of the Berber village from Armed to the Tidli Plateau. The landscape is made of massive mountains and highlands plantation. From the top we can see some mountain cultures in the valley bottoms and a magnificent view of the valley of Imlil. We continue hiking to another berber village called Tamataret (2000m) where we stop for a rest. Continuation in tracks and trails through the pass of Tamatarert. The landscape is beautiful and the valley of Tachedirt is sublime. We continue to Tinoughrine village where we will have a picnic lunch (1700m), near the River. Dinner and overnight in a Berber house of a local family.
Day 3: Tinoughrine - Imlil - Marrakech (4 hrs trek, 2100)
After breakfast, depart for another trek day that takes us from the valley to the village of Imlil. We walk to the village Ikiss (1700m) and climb through the trails to Aguersioul pass (2100m) before going to the valley of Ait Mizan. Picnic lunch on site and continuation in the afternoon to the village of Imlil. Meet your driver and transfer back to the train station of Marrakech.
- Organization and conception of the program.
- Arrival and departure transfers from Marrakech Train station to Imlil and vice-versa
- English speaking trek guide. Native in the region. From day one to day 3.
- Overnight in Roche Armed mountain hostel of Hussein including dinner. (with hot Shower)
- Overnight in a berber house in the mountains in half board basis.
- 2 picnic lunches.
- Mules carrying.
Not Included :
- Transportation from Rabat to Marrakech
- Drinks including water during meals and during the trek
- Personal purchases.
- Tips and gifts